To mark a location with a waypoint:
- Tap on the action button (“+”) located on the main screen. You’ll see an option to “Add Waypoint”.
- Tap on the waypoint icon to drop a waypoint on the map. By default, the waypoint will be placed where you have the crosshair located on the map.
- Once you’ve dropped the waypoint on the map, you’ll have the option to rename the waypoint, select a new icon type, and/or adjust the color to fit your markup convention.
- Click on the “Save” button to save that waypoint.
Once you’ve saved your waypoint, a detail drawer will appear. You’ll see a handful of options to manage that point, including:
- Editing the waypoint style
- Adding the waypoint to a collection to stay organized
- Sharing the waypoint with a friend
- Moving the waypoint to a new location
- Centering your map on the waypoint
- Activating go-to navigation, which draws a line of bearing from your current location to the waypoint
- Adding a photo to the waypoint
- Deleting the waypoint
You are also able to add notes to the waypoint or copy the waypoint coordinates by pressing and holding on the blue coordinates.
Check out the video below for more details on how to use waypoints.